Become an Assistant Kiteboarding Instructor
Are you interested in landing a job as an Assistant Kiteboarding Instructor, or do you want to start your pro kiteboarding career and need to gain experience to attend an IKO Instructor Training course? Either way, the Assistant Instructor training program is for you!
Becoming an Assistant Instructor is a great way to gain experience to prepare for a professional career, or simply discover what an Instructor’s job is all about! If you intend on registering for an ITC (Instructor Training Course to become a Level 1 Instructor) but have no prior teaching background in a water or aerial sport, then this course is mandatory.
Assistant Instructor benefits
- Access to the Pro Area of the IKO website
- Priority over other candidates for enrollment in ITCs
- Be able to purchase IKO Kiteboarder Insurance (where available)
- Be able to purchase IKO products at Pro prices
- Access to the job opening listings on the IKO website and post a seeking employment ad viewable to IKO Centers and points
Assistant Instructor is qualified to
- Manage the equipment organization and maintenance
- Teach one student at a time up to level 1/C (under supervision of L2)
- Supervise the safety of 1 kiteboarders from level 2/I and above (under supervision of L2)
- Assist an Instructor level 1 or level 2 or higher, with launching and landing procedures and information transmission during a course (under supervision of L2)
Assistant Instructor prerequisites
- Be at least 16 years old (Candidates under 18 years old must obtain parental consent)
- Be certified as an IKO Member Level 3 for at least 6 months
- Must be able to read and write
Here at C2Sky we offer the complete training involved. The training is usually completed in a minimum of 3 days. Once you contact us to check availabe training dates you then need to follow these simple steps.
STEP 1: To start your training, you need to register online here The initial registration fee is $50.00 USD payable to the IKO, and includes Candidate Assistant Instructor registration and a copy of the downloadable Assistant Instructor Manual.
STEP 2:: Upon successful registration and completion of your payment, you will automatically receive your Assistant Instructor Manual download, which is available in either English or French. Make sure you download and print it off!
STEP 3:: You need to confirm our Training Instructor ( we will give you this information once you have registered below )
STEP 4:Once you have successfully completed the training, we will be able to validate you as an Assistant Instructor via our Pro page. Upon validation, you will be granted access to your IKO Pro page, and you will receive an IKO Assistant Instructor diploma via post.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details and bookings
Register with us here